Sunday, December 15, 2019

Sugar-Free Frosting

test1

Sugar-Free Frosting, 3.2 oz. (100g) or 1.4 oz (30 grams) – The first ingredient in this frosting is a mix of egg yolks and sugar. The remaining ingredients are water, cornstarch and vanilla. The butter, sugar and flour are the main ingredients in the frosting.


I used the 1.4 oz (30 grams) in my frosting recipe – the recipe calls for 1.3 oz (50 grams) of sugar. This frosting has a light consistency (not too runny) because of the sugar.
Makes: 24 cups of frosting. (I used 24 tablespoons of batter)
*I used 1.4 oz (30 grams) for mine. You can go as low as 1.2 oz (27 grams).

Ingredients:
1/4 cup (60 ml) milk (I used 1/4 cup (60 mL) of milk)
1 cup (250 g) of butter (I used 1 tablespoon (10g))
1 tablespoon (5 g) of flour (I used 1 tbsp (15g))
2.2 ounces (70 grams) of egg whites**
2.8 ounces (107 grams) of granulated sugar
1 tablespoon (5g) of cornstarch**
*The egg whites are the key to creating a runnier consistency – so you want to use an egg yolk that is around the same size as the egg white size of your recipe. To do that, you can start with either 3 eggs or a large egg white. For this recipe, I chose 3 eggs. When you mix them in the mixer, you want to get them all combined with the milk. When you add flour, the mix will get thick and the consistency will be runny. For this frosting, I used the largest egg white that I could.
**I added a splash of water to the cornstarch to help get my egg whites to the right consistency.
How to make the frosting
To make the frosting: In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks, flour, cornstarch and vanilla. Pour in the milk. Mix until well combined. Spoon onto a baking sheet and spread evenly. The frosting will be soft and pourable – I made mine with a spoon.
To use: You can use this frosting as a glaze, or on cookies, and also make mini cupcakes. It makes 24 cups of frosting. If you want to make a larger batch of frosting, you can use 2 teaspoons (10 ml) of milk instead of 1 tsp (5 ml) of milk.
The best kind of frosting for these mini cupcakes is one made with cornstarsch. That's how I make my frostings anyway!
This frosting gives the cookies a nice crunch. You can use vanilla

No comments:

Post a Comment