Sunday, December 15, 2019

Black Beans and Rice

test1

Black Beans and Rice – This is one of my favorite dishes because I think it's easy to make and makes good use of the leftovers. If you want to cut the carbs, skip the beans and get a can of cooked white beans instead.


Chickpeas – If you have a can of chickpeas in your freezer, go for that. I love chickpeas and am going to give them more time because I can be a little lazy and not want to cook them, but when I have them on hand, I make a lot.




Mung Beans – I like this because you can add a dash or two of cumin, or other herbs you want, and it's good for you, too and doesn't taste like beans.


Noodles – I always use Noodles over rice because Noodles is more economical. I find you need to boil Noodles for a while, so this makes sense for the week.


Diced Tomatoes – You don't have to use all of the tomato, some will do if you want, but it gives you a good flavor boost and a nice texture if you do.


Green Chili – This isn't your usual hot chili, it's more like a green chili. You can use red or jalapeno and other peppers you like to play with.


Tomatoes – These are usually a big hit with my kids. I'm not sure, though. I haven't made the recipe yet.


Crisp Beans – This one's a winner but you can change the amount to how much you want. I've made a lot and they just keep getting bigger.


Tortillas – You can make these with tortillas for the week. It keeps in the fridge.


Diet Coke – I always find it convenient to make some for the week to keep in the fridge, as I'm on my first sugar bomb of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment