Saturday, December 14, 2019

Eggplant Tomato Bake

test1

Eggplant Tomato Bake is a delicious combination of Eggplant, Tomatoes and Basil. I've adapted the recipe from the blog The Eggplant Lover's Cookbook.


The main ingredient is Eggplant and I've substituted it with Tomato. I'm so happy about this recipe because the Eggplant is a little more tender than my previous recipe. I'm sure that it's just because there is no oil added.

The sauce consists of Tomato paste and olive oil. I've used the Olive oil in this recipe, but you can use butter also.


I've added fresh Mozzarella, but you can also use Cheddar.

Ingredients


1/2 kg Eggplant (2″ – 3″ cubes)

1/2 kg Tomato

1/2 kg Basil

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

1/4 tsp sugar

2 tablespoons butter (1/4 cup for one eggplant cube)

3 tablespoons olive oil


1 clove garlic, minced


1 tablespoon fresh mace


2 handfuls fresh mozzarella cheese, crumbled Preparation


1. Place Eggplant in a pan of boiling water for 15 mins, until soft.


2. Remove and drain.


3. Cut the cubes of eggplant in half, then slice horizontally.


4. Cut the tomatoes in half and place in a pan of boiling water for 2 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment