Sunday, December 15, 2019

Sugar-Free Blueberry Coffee Cake

test1

Sugar-Free Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe This blueberry coffee cake is light and fresh, with hints of coffee and cinnamon to bring out the flavours, and the frosting is simple yet decadent and delicious! 


This cake was the result of a recipe I made back in 2010 for the Superbowl party. It was a huge hit and was one of the best cakes I have ever eaten. It was a cake I ate on occasion during the Superbowl,
and it was one I wanted to make again during our family Superbowl parties. So when our house was being prepared for a family wedding in February of 2011, I wanted to make a recipe to go with the cake. The original recipe was too light, and the frosting was too sweet, so I tried to recreate the original. I used a vanilla cake mix, and a cup of coffee instead of milk to make the cake lighter and to keep from making the cake too sweet. When I first made this frosting, I did not have any coffee, but I did have some instant coffee in the cupboard, so I mixed half cup of instant coffee, and a half cup of milk in the cup of a double boiler and then heated it for about 10 minutes to make the coffee mixture. The cake was still too sweet for me, so I added a bit of milk to it. This coffee cake was a huge hit and my family enjoyed it with the cake, too. So for my first ever try at a coffee cake recipe, I made this recipe. My family loved, so I decided to share our blueberry coffee cake recipe with you. Enjoy!


Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe 1 1/4 cups cake flour 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa 1 cup sugar 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 1 cup buttermilk 1 cup coffee 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract 4 large eggs, at room temperature 1 cup milk, slightly warm if needed, or milk substitute Preheat your oven to 350

No comments:

Post a Comment